Monday, June 6, 2011

THE THAW!!!

All FIVE embryos survived the thawing process!! WOOHOOO! So happy with this news! Now they are being cultured in the lab for 2 more days and the best 2-3 (but probably 2) will be transferred on Wednesday some time.. I had a great talk with the embryologist, love him! They are doing assisted hatching as well. The reasoning behind doing day 3 is I don't want to risk losing all of our embryos trying to push for a blast transfer.. I asked the embryologist if he ever had a case where they checked them on day 3 and they looked good and decided to go to day 5 and there was nothing left, he got quiet and said "yes, that has happened and we are always surprised and don't know why it does happen" I said I don't want to be in that group, that's my fear! I thought it was his choice of day 3 or 5, but he said it was mine and if that's what I wanted we would do day 3, so that's what we are doing! So in TWO DAYS my embryos will be snuggled safe in my wonderful friends uterus!! Bring on the HPTS! OK until Wednesday folks!


4 comments:

  1. SO exciting!!!!!!!!! Go little embies, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't believe the time has come. It has been so wonderful following you journey thus far, and I can now WAIT to continue. Best wishes for the perfect transfer!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right, its here now!! I am on pins and needles right now!! 2 more days!! You girls are AMAZING, thank you for the constant support! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive thoughts for you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Check it out