Friday, December 2, 2011

Small Steps Forward

Consults have been set up for both of us! My SIL will be going to the clinic 12/14 and getting started.. After they see her, they will be doing a phone consult with me! I told them I would rather do it now so we can get all the orders for testing since we all know December is pretty much a wash with the clinics! The coordinator was kind of difficult and was saying we needed to wait until closer to January but we all know I don't back down so I got my way, LOL! I also have an alarming incident with the coordinator.. She was going on about how my SIL had certain testing that couldn't be done at her primary care DR office such as "donor testing".. She just kept talking and then asked me if she had ever had cystic fibrosis testing done? I said "Umm.. I dunno, but since I AM THE ONE CONTRIBUTING MY DNA, YES I have had it done" She said "OH, she isn't the donor?" WHAAT!?!?! HELLLLOOOO!?!?! I have talked with someone several times about having a SURROGATE! Ummm...yeah.. So after being put on hold for what seemed like forever she had it fixed.. Turns out those THOUSANDS of dollars of tests she said were needed for my SIL were because she thought she was the donor.. That did not give me the warm fuzzy's y'all.... BUT atleast after the third or fourth time of me asking she said "I PROMISE I FIXED IT, IM REALLY SORRY" but of course I will be triple checking every damn thing now, I TRUST NO ONE LADY! :) :) Y'all know how I am.. So all in all, we made some headway.. Now we wait two weeks and I will have a great update I hope on our consults! In the mean time Wednesday is MY BIRTHDAY!!!! No idea what I am gonna do.. I think a movie and dinner and that's about it, unless hubby has something else planned.. I'm low key on my birthday pretty much after I turned 30 so, that is plenty for me! But isn't 38 the new 28??? LOL!!!


4 comments:

  1. Glad that we're now one more step forward. And yes...I said WE! This online family is all in it together, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael- You know I love you tons!! Thank you for that comment.. Yes, this online family is my lifeline most of the time and I definitely feel you guys' support when I am at my lowest.. I don't know what I would do without you guys!! We all need to have a massive get together one day.. I know I plan on meeting a few girls when I hit TX in a few months, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo!!!! Progress:) And lets not even get started on this birthday thing, I already told you that you look amazing!!!! SO HUSH lol. Keep me posted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for progress!! That means ur closer to coming here, yay! :) And YAY for ur b-day! I'll hv a drink for you...since I can do that now, lmao.

    ReplyDelete

Check it out