Saturday, April 28, 2012

10w1d

Happy Saturday everyone! Nothing much going on still.. I know bummer.. I asked my sister-in-law if I could use her name on my blog. Previously I hadn't because she hadn't told her work yet. But, she told them yesterday so tah-dah! Christy has been feeling the effects of morning sickness pretty much everyday. Sometimes it is coupled with a headache and being extremely tired, other days take your pick of two.. Today is just headache and tired (not sure if that is better than morning sickness!) I am hoping once we hit the 2nd trimester, that this will all alleviate! Each week (Friday!) she sends me a belly pic, so I can make a scrapbook for the baby to share this amazing journey when he/she is old enough to understand. Friday is my favorite day of the week for this reason! I usually get a belly pic AND a pic of the heart-rate!
Speaking of heart rates, this baby's has been all over the place! It's anywhere from high 130's to high 150's! So my theory on boy or girl is shot! I was totally convinced it is a boy but the other day when Christy checked it was higher than 150 so I am back to "I dunno" LOL! Time seems to be going super slow and fast at the same time, I don't know if that makes sense, lol.. We hit 10 weeks yesterday so 1 more week until we have another OB visit (six days now!) No ultrasound at this visit (not really liking the laidbackness (yep that's a word!) of Christy's new OB.. How can you go so long without an ultrasound??? Boggles my mind.. I guess after you are used to dealing with RE's you have to readjust to OB's way of thinking, but dude, 20 weeks? That's just insane.. So I am guessing they will just listen on her belly for the heartbeat and do whatever else they would do at this visit.. We will find out when the NT Scan is at this visit so hopefully it is just the next week and we will finally have a detailed ultrasound and see what is going on in there! Then our plan is to do the 3D (or is it 4D) ultrasound package so we can find out the sex. We will do that somewhere after 16 weeks but before the 20 week ultrasound the OB has scheduled.. So that's about it for now in baby news! Working on my next set of posts, involving inducing lactation.. Stay tuned!

 


 

11 comments:

  1. Almost to 2nd tri!! It's so hard with the morning sickness - I always felt bad about it but she was all "shut up this is good!" :)
    Eager awaiting the induction post! hahaha j/k please don't be offended if I skip that one ;)
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin- Yep, Christy is the same way, doesn't make me feel better when she says that though, lol.. And LMAO don't you be skipping my posts! I PROMISE there will be no gratuitous nip shots or boob shots, but you might see a bag of breastmilk, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Lactation nation!! Lol! I can't wait to see the 3D pic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO girl consider that my series title, I love it! hahaha!!

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking boy?! I'm not sure I can wait that long to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jeni!! But then she checks and it's 150bpm or HIGHER! This kid is driving me crazy already!! LOL! The earliest I can schedule the 3D/4D package is 16w1d but that's a Saturday and she will be working for sure so that Monday 16w3d is probably THE day! Will keep ya posted!:)

      Delete
  4. Still so over the moon for you guys that this is happening!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Sam is so freakin adorable! I can't wait to hold this little bundle come Thanksgiving! :):)

      Delete
  5. I think boy (just cause the little one I'm carrying right now just kicked as I was reading your post--he thinks boy too!!)

    I'm very interested to read about the lactation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting Tonya!!! i think boy too because we are having a boy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it is sleeping when it is low and awake when it is high. I vote girl! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to start my journey! :) I just read your lactation post and that is amazing! Holy cow, literally!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Check it out