Friday, May 18, 2012

13w0d: Second Trimester!

I am in utter shock that we are in the SECOND TRIMESTER today! I NEVER thought we would see this day... I think it still hits me sometimes that we are actually going to have a baby! These last few days I have allowed myself to have unabashed joy and now my mind is racing a mile a minute on all of the things we will need for baby! I was SO overwhelmed looking at the registries online!! I am not sure I want to register at stores! WOWZA is all I can say about the amount of baby products available nowadays, it has definitely come a looong way since I had a little one.. People have started asking me if I am having a baby shower.. I say "No".. Then they give me a weird look. Then I feel bad, lol.. The reason I am not having a shower (that I know of since there is NO WAY in hell I am throwing myself a shower (that's super ghetto isn't it!?!?!)) is because aside from my Dad and Aunt, NO one in my family that I would want at my shower lives near us. And I work for myself so I don't venture far from my house much unless it is looking for an awesome deal to sell on e.Ba.y so I don't have many friends here either. All of my friends and family are either in TX or scattered in other states up the east coast. Makes it hard for them to get together, so we pretty much knew going in that we would be buying all of our stuff, aside from the things people sent us and we are TOTALLY ok with that! But it makes me feel bad when people ask me "why not?" I usually give a snarky answer then I feel like a bitch.. I know I'm weird. Anyway, do I HAVE to have a shower?? Christy said a friend of hers is giving us a shower because she wants to.. I cried.. I guess she is doing it to honor Christy for being our surrogate, but they are buying stuff for our baby.. Very cool of her friend.. This post is all over the place and I didn't mean for it to be, lol! SO much is going through my mind right now... I think looking at all of the baby stuff on the registry pages and thinking about actually having a baby by Thanksgiving is starting to overload my brain!



 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting to trimester2! We are not doing a baby shower but a wedding and registering only at baby stores! I'd say do a shower that no one comes to so you can send out your gift registry info. Personally, I don't need the hoopla but I do need the baby stuff badly (i've got three coming)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for second trimester. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing! Congratulations on the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG girl!! I definitely want you to have a shower!! You bring such joy into the room that I'm sure people just want to bring some joy back to you. And of course, congratulations on being in the second trimester now! So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an online baby shower for a friend, we lived in different states and everyone wanted to know her shower info....so I made her register and put it up where everyone could see. They loved it, everyone loves shopping for a baby!!!~ I think it's okay not to have a shower if you don't want too but I am sure there will be a lot of people who want to give you gifts but don't know what you need or what themes or brands. Maybe just register online and put it out there. My friend waited until a certain day to open all of the gifts then she posted pictures of everything. It was a hit! HUGE Congrats on the 2nd tri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I LOVE that idea!! It's super hard with everyone being spread out all over.. I think I will run that idea by a few girls and see what they think! Now they are trying to get me to TX so I can at least have one shower there, but then how to get the stuff home, etc.. They are quickly realizing it IS as complicated as i said it was, LOL! Thanks for that great idea! :)

      Delete
  6. A blessing indeed! Now I want to know where you are registering so
    I can get something For the baby!! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I am playing around with Target and Babies R Us, those seem to be the go to places to register, there's too much stuff out there, so it's not easy as I am sure you well know by now! Still don't think I am going in to the store to beep anything, I will just stick with online..

      Delete

Check it out