Thursday, November 29, 2012

2wks 3days Old

I Cannot believe our little guy is 2 weeks and 3 days old already! Time is surely flying by. Much faster than it did when we were waiting on him to be born! Greyson had his 2wk appointment on Monday and he did so great! Not only does he NOT have to supplement on formula right now, but the Dr. said we don't have to wake up to feed him every 2hrs anymore since he gained a whopping 14oz in ONE WEEK! He said feed him when he is hungry, no need to be on a rigid schedule anymore. I was so proud of myself. I was really feeling like I was failing him with him not gaining any weight since he had been born, but in fact losing another ounce. But now we are on the upswing and it it wonderful! Greyson is SUCH a happy baby. He is still waking every 2.5-3.5hrs a night to eat which I can live with. 

Last night he went two 4hr blocks before stirring! He is now eating 3oz-3.25oz at each feeding (I am dipping in to my frozen milk stash since I don't have a full supply to nurse him the entire day. I was prepared for this though) he likes to nurse best when he isn't fully awake or snack when he has bottlefed for maybe 1.5-2 ounces.. He is such a snuggler.. 

We are still adjusting to life with a newborn. I am sure people think "Oh she has done this twice before, it's like riding a bike" Uhhhh, actually it's not. It's been SO LONG since I have done this that I truly feel like a 1st time mom! I jump at the slightest noise he makes and I cannot stand to hear him cry, it hurts my heart. Every step forward makes my heart sing.. So far at each appointment he checks out perfectly and I am so thankful for that. Life is really wonderful on the other side, but I still think about the "dark days" too. I feel sadness for my friends who are not yet on the other side, although that number thankfully is dwindling.

We are already thinking ahead regarding a sibling for Greyson. Yes, he has two already, BUT he has no one to grow up with. My older boys were best of friends or arch enemies (pick your day of the week, lol!) They fought constantly or loved each other fiercely and still do. I want that camaraderie for Greyson. So we are going to take this year and see what our finances and lives are looking like and then get a game plan together. 

OK enough about that, we have lots of time for that talk. Here are some cute pics of the little man from the last weeks..

2wks 3 days!

Newborn Photo Session Sneak Peek! 11 days old

1 week old 1st Dr visit with Mommy
  
1 week old 1st Dr visit with Daddy







 OK until next time!

3 comments:

  1. how awesome!! so happy for you guys :) can't believe it's already 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so precious! Cannot believe it's been 2 weeks! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!! He is sooooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Check it out