Sunday, December 16, 2012

Can You Spoil a Newborn?

That's the question of the day.. Everyone has an opinion on holding a baby too much or not. Of course the nurses said "You CANNOT spoil a baby at this age, they don't know how to manipulate you...YET"... I beg to differ! This is Greyson when he is NOT being held:


My MAD face when I'm not being held!






However, the minute you pick him up he does this:


Now, I'm no genius BUT METHINKS this kid definitely has a preference on his ass touching something other than someones arm or his head resting on something other than some boobs or some manchest, JUST SAYIN'.....


So needless to say I am not getting much done around these parts as of late.. I am only able to post because he is asleep right now! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE snuggling and holding my little guy, BUT... C'mon dude I can't hold you all day..EVERY DAY.. I just can't..

But alas.... He has other ideas!

The few and far between times he will sit in his swing (it doesn't last long!) But damn if he isn't a cute little stinker!!! :)
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh....he so has you wrapped around his little finger already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more like self preservation girl, LOL!!! That scream is SERIOUS, he figures it out quickly if he's not up in the air and BAM, holler festival!

      Delete
  2. Get a sling or bjorn! I wore Baxter around the house nonstop. You can even do dishes in that thing! ;)
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, I haven't tried the carrier yet! I have TWO! THANKS FOR THAT, will try it today!!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree. Our middle girl Estella has already figured out if she cries at around 5am someone will bring her into bed. It is not a explosive cry but a kind of whiny cry so we know nothing is really wrong except she wants comfort. We are trying to comfort her in the crib cause the other girls are starting to figure this out. And they are 2.5 months! They learn fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! The more I pick him up it seems the faster he cries when he is NOT being held so he definitely is learning quickly, LOL!!

      Delete
  4. They cannot be spoilt. They need to be held. They will not let you hold them soon..... then they will want the car keys .... then they will move to their own home. HOLD BABIES! Any time you can ... because they grow way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ, seeing as how if I am not holding him anytime he is awake he is wailing his head off. The minute you touch him and he feels his body being lifted up he shuts right up.. So even if he isn't "spoiled" he definitely knows he wants to be held all day vs. sitting in his swing, in his bounce chair, in his boppy lounger, etc. He wants to be in someone's arms.. And it's NOT realistic to say hold him (of course we hold him!) but he can't be held ALL...THE...TIME... There are things that have to be done that cannot be done whilst holding a baby..

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Look at your little guy!!!!!! :D LOVE THIS!!!! I am so excited for y'all!!! (I know, I'm 2 months late! LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Check it out