Thursday, February 23, 2012

Monitoring Appt 2 Follicle Check

Had my 2nd monitoring appointment early this morning.. Today's appointment was a HUGE one because it was bloodwork AND ultrasound. This gave us our first look at what my ovaries have been doing since starting stims Saturday. I have been on stims for 5 nights now (tonight will be 6th day).. I slept well last night but not all the way through. I was nervous and anxious and a little worried, because if y'all know me by now, you know that's what I do best..WORRY. I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. Dr. would see nothing. Only one follicle would be progressing and we would be cancelled. I know, I am crazy, you don't have to tell me.. Annnyway.. So, I get my labs drawn and then they show me to my room. Hubby was with me (such a wonderful change from previous cycles!) and as we sat there, he told me not to worry that all the hard work I have put in leading up to this cycle would pay off for us. God, I love that man.. Dr. walks in and asks if I am ready. I smile and say "yup!" then I hold my breath as he gets "wanda" ready.. He hands me a clipboard and says write down the numbers I tell you for each follicle. I was like wow ok that's kinda cool, it will keep me occupied. He starts on the right side. clicking off follicles and calling out measurements. I didn't have time to count until the end. SIX total on right! OK cool, since I started with 6 on each side at my baseline, I was already happy with that!! Then he shifts over to my left ovary and stops a second. Then I hear "Oh wow, there are TONS of follicles over here!" OH.MY.GOD. WHAAT!?! He starts clicking and measuring..and measuring..and measuring some more.. I counted when he stopped... 11 measurable follicles in left ovary!! 17 measurable TOTAL!! HELLLLLL YEAH!! I was so close to tears! I can't believe it!!! This is coming off of a cycle that I scraped to have NINE total and a miserable showing due to previous RE error the cycle before that!! I am so ahead right now that if this is all that showed up, I would still be happy.. BUT.. RE says I might stim for another SEVEN DAYS! WHAAAT!? I might be coughing up feathers by then!! He hasn't decided if he wants to lower my dose, keep it the same or INCREASE it yet. He is waiting on my e2 results to come in this afternoon.. Will update with that number once I have it! OK off to rest, I am feeling like I have bowling balls in my belly right now! I just keep saying my mantra *it's all worth it in the end*



UPDATE: Just got the call, my E2 is 393, dose stays the same today and tomorrow, somebody better tell my ovaries they are 38 and NOT 30 anymore, woohoo!! :-) I can't believe how well I am responding!! I will have blood and u/s Saturday to see if it changes then, stay tuned!




6 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME news! Congratulations! I hope your ovaries keep up the good work:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous news!! So much to be positive about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news today!!! And it is sooo true.... IT'S ALL WORTH IT IN THE END. <3 Keep up the good work, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic update to read!! WOO HOOO!!! Come on super ovaries!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS ladies!!! I am so relieved things are going so well! I feel like I can relax a little now! So excited to make it to egg retrieval soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Check it out